Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nothing Really

I don't necessarily have anything new and exciting to say but since I haven't written in so long I figured I better come up with something.  :-)  It has been a nice few weeks since I last posted.  My parents started the house hunting process looking for one levels since my mom can't get up and down the stairs very much anymore.  We looked at some nice houses and they are praying about whether or not to buy a lot and build.  I hope they do because they have both worked so insanely hard in their lives and this is perhaps the last house they will live in.  I would love to see them design it as they like.  I have been able to visit Stacie several times since Eliana was born which makes me want a baby even more!  All in God's will and timing I keep telling myself.  She is the most beautiful baby and Stacie has been so sweet to let me hold her as much as she has.  I am just taking it all in and waiting patiently on God's plan.  Meanwhile we are loving our house and just got the window coverings which are a bit different than we thought so we aren't really sure what we are going to do.  God continues to bless us each day through friends and family.  Each day is a new chance for us to serve Him as a family and to bring others to Christ.  I will try and update more often as I know it is boring when people don't.  

Parting words: (from my kids at school)

Student: Mrs. Rudzek you never let us draw so I don't know what I will draw...maybe lips.
Me: Ummm, okay

Student: (in reference to wearing two coats because our heat was out in the building) Mrs. Rudzek, I am in heat, I am in heat
Me: No, you are hot
Student: No, I am in heat
Me: (thinking in my head: how am I suppose to explain that one?)

Student: (to another) Some people say I love you but I don't
Another student: well, is he your friend?
Student: umm, yes.
Another student: well you are suppose to love your friends
Student: (pauses, thinking hard)...well then, I guess I love you. (and smiles big)

I love kids!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Here's how a conversation went with one of my first graders on Monday.

Student: Can I go to the bathroom?
Me: (seeing that this child is calm, cool, and collected and knowing he doesn't like to work) Do we usually go to the bathroom during reading?
Student: No (He then returns to his seat and begins to get to work.)

Less than a minute passes.

Student: Umm, Miss Kluth. Some of my poop slobber came out.

The room goes silent and nobody moves.

Another student: Did he really just say that?

Me: Unfortunately, yes. Let's get back to work and try not to think about it.