Saturday, January 17, 2009

God Answers Prayers In Amazing Ways

Yesterday I was home sick from work so I decided that I needed to spend a lot of time in prayer.  I asked God to show me areas in my life that I needed to work on.  After a long time praying and listening I realized one thing God put on my heart was that I needed to spend more time with other Christian women.  I prayed that God would show me how in my busy schedule I could either start or be a part of a bible study.  As always, God answers prayers in his way and his timing...

A few months back I stumbled upon an incredible site:
www.passionatehomemaking.com

Lindsay is a homemaker, wife and mother.  Reading her posts each day has truly been a blessing and an inspiration.  God has shown me that this is the kind of woman he wants me to become and I am so excited!  To get to the point; on her site she was having a give away for a book in her upcoming study.  It is called "Practicing Hospitality".  There was such a great turnout that the author of the book actually donated several signed copies to be given away.  God answered my prayer in a very unique way as I was one of the ones chosen to receive a free copy.  What a huge blessing right now as we are doing everything we can to try and save money.  I can't wait to join other women with the same heart and passion for the Lord as myself as we learn how to practice biblical hospitality!  :-)  Thanks Lindsay and praise be to God!


No comments: